Thursday, February 12, 2015

Taiwan, Taichung

I received my mission call a few weeks ago.

As I am sure you are all aware I going to Taiwan, Taichung Mandarin speaking, leaving May 13th (check out my Facebook for pictures of my opening and a link to the video HERE). Its still so surreal for me guys... In a way this was my dream mission. Its where my dad served all those years back and being able to share his mission with me brings me such joy. My dad and I share a special relationship and I look up to him so much. It'll be so cool telling him where I'm at in Taiwan and him knowing exactly where that is. Taiwan truly is perfect for me.

I really couldn't tell you how I feel about it (a mission, being called to Taiwan, everything).

Its the weirdest feeling. I have a peaceful mind and a calm heart, which is what I had been praying for in the weeks leading up to me getting my call. I just wanted to feel reassured that where ever in the world I was sent it would be right for me. The moment I read Taiwan, Taichung on my mission call I knew that that was where the Lord needed me. It was like there was no one else in the room when i read it, it was just me and the Lord. I feel immensely blessed to be able to serve.

Of course a mission will be the hardest thing I've done in my life thus far. I will probably feel lonely, and lost. Not a doubt in my mind that I will return to our apartment every night tired, worn out, and beaten down. Learning Chinese (although I did take it for a few years) is going to be incredibly difficult and discouraging at times. And sometimes I might just want to give up.

But knowing all this doesn't change my mind one bit about wanting to serve a mission. I truly will never be alone, for I know that the Lord won't leave my side. I have done hard things in the past and I can do hard things now. I feel comfort in knowing that my Savior, Jesus Christ suffered through it all, and will know exactly what I am feeling at all times. I am blessed to have a supportive family back home that will be praying for my constantly. A mission is what is right for me.

 It will all be worth it because even if only one person listens to what I have to say then thats one person that will be changed for ever. The atonement of Jesus Christ has the power to change people. It can bring back even the most lost of souls and restore families. Ive seen the power of the Atonement and know that it does work miracles. People need to know that there is plan, for me, for you, for everyone. We are never alone. We are ALL sons and daughters of a Heavenly Father who loves us unconditionally. So much that he created a plan for us all to be able to return to be with him again. So much that he sent Jesus Christ, his son, to come down and atone for all of our sins. Every single one of us can return to be with him again.

There is no way to describe the pure Joy that comes from having a knowledge of this gospel and I just want to share it with everyone (especially the people of Taiwan).




I can't wait.

Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment