Monday, September 7, 2015

Well this week was pretty good! I havene been feeling 100% in terms of health but not to worry our president is a surgeon and sooo nice, he feels just like a dad and its great. It was reaaalllllyyyy hott but good! It didnt rain much this week and so the sun was wicked hot and i got burned bad (funny to think that it is actually fall now? because its definitely still summer here) My croc flats tan line is pretty bad. But you know your a xin ku sister when your croc flats are wrecked and you have a wicked tan line. 

I think that the lord is trying to teach me a little thing about patience. Haha but really, its been rough. We are having hard time with our investigators and no one seems to be progressing towards baptism but we are working sooo hard and have sooo much faith. and we are planning everything to hit standards but we just feel like we arent seeing the results. This morning i was reading about Patience under Christ like attributes in PMG and it talked about how patience include faith and hope. But i saw it as faith and hope INCLUDE patience!! I was like wow- okay. Slap in the face. I need to have more patience. I was having a hard time this week thinking that ahh i am a terrible missionary- what am i doing wrong?! (and trust me i can always improve) But i really think that i just need to learn a little thing about patience. 

We had a really cool little mini miracle this week. We were in a 7 doing calls and one of our investigators/best friends kelly was close by and wanted to say hi! We decided to share a scripture with her and make a mini lesson out of it. Mosiah 16:8-9 is what we shared (about the light of christ and how death in swallowed up in christ) we shared it and she started to tear up. Her grandma is getting old and passing away soon and she said that she was praying that god wouldnt take her grandma. She said that she felt like that scripture was an answer to her prayers. I totally believe that we felt inspired to share that scripture with her to help her out in her time of need. I am so glad that we were in tune with the spirit to be able to discern what she needed. The gospel really heals souls and the Book of Mormon contains the ways to find peace and happiness, READ THAT BOOK.

 But there is resurrectiontherefore the grave hath novictory, and the sting of death is swallowed up in Christ.
 He is the light and the life of the world; yea, light thatis endless, that can never be darkened; yea, and also lifewhich is endless, that there can be no more death.
This week i cant really think of anything super out of the ordinary that happened? Sooo here are some random thoughts that i have: My legs are finally adjusting! Like they arent sore anymore! I never thought this day would come. I hit my 5 month mark of being a missionary this week which is FREAKY. I love being a missionary so much though. Like best thing ever by far. I almost puked from this nasty drink thing that the YSA made me drink IT WAS TERRIBLE but pretty funny. I loveeee English contacting and English class! Its the best and i get to speak english for a little bit which i am not mad about. We ate the best meal i think i have ever had in my whole life at a members house this week. It was like Thai/Chinese and soooo delicious. 

So yep i guess this is my email for the week, Sorry its so lame haha i already feel like i am getting to that point in the mission where you run out of things to say! 

Love you all so much <3
Wo ai nimen hen duo! YeSuJiDu ai nimen! Jia You! (I love you so much! Jesus Christ loves you! Keep going!)

-Sister Hardy







No comments:

Post a Comment