Saturday, March 18, 2017

Be grateful

This week I was reading in the Book of Mormon and I kept coming across scriptures that were reminding me to be grateful. Recently my prayers have consisted of me constantly asking for help, guidance, peace, happiness and answers. But hardly do I ever stop and thank him for helping me, giving me guidance, allowing me to feel peace, bringing me happiness and answering my prayers.

Nephi is a great example of a thankful person. Despite his more than difficult situation he was always thankful to the Lord. He never complained and he was always sure to immediately thank the Lord after a blessing had come to pass.
His dad Lehi was also an excellent example of someone who was always giving thanks to the Lord. I love 1 Nephi 5:9...

"And it came to pass that they did rejoice exceedingly, and did offer sacrifice and burnt offerings unto the Lord; and they gave thanks unto the God of Israel."

Nephi and his brothers had just returned from a long, dangerous trip to go and retrieve the plates from Laban. They were tired and I'm sure that his parents were VERY happy to see them arrive home safely. They could have easily just enjoyed each others company and celebrated but the first thing that Lehi does is give thanks to the Lord! It really shows where his thoughts and mind are- always directed to the Lord.

When we give more thanks I think that it was cause us to ask less for things because we will already see all the blessings that we have been given. I am grateful to the Book of Mormon for reminding me to always we grateful in all things.

No comments:

Post a Comment