Saturday, March 11, 2017

His Yoke is Easy

Relying on the Lord is at times harder than we think. Sometimes we just get so caught up in the world and what is going on that we seem to be relying wholly on ourselves to accomplish what seems to be the impossible. Sometimes I find myself thinking "How am I ever going to get done everything that I need too?!" But then I realize that as long as I do my best, and my part, we can rely on the Savior to help with the rest. He is always there lending a hand to us that feel burdened down by the lists of "to-do's" and countless amounts of things to always remember.

I was comforted this week by a commonly quoted scripture... Matthew 11:28-30
"Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: for my yoke is easy, and my burden is light."

I know that if we are willing to come unto christ we will find rest to our souls. Not necessarily saying that we will suddenly have nothing to do and be able to sleep, but our souls will find rest, which to me means that we will have peace. So despite how crazy life is we can have peace, because His yoke truly is easy and his burden truly is light.


No comments:

Post a Comment