Saturday, February 18, 2017

Remember.

Reading in the Book of Mormon has brought me so much happiness. When I read I feel as though God is personally talking to me. Reading from the Book of Mormon is like reading from personal journal entries of people that came before.

This week I particularly loved reading about Nephi sharing his personal experience and his feelings in 2 Nephi chapter 4. To me Nephi is one of the toughest, humblest, never ever complains type of person, but in this chapter he really opens up and lets us see the feelings of his heart. From this chapter I feel like I can relate to Nephi 100%. 

In my life I feel like I am constantly worried and feeling stressed out about the future and what is it come. When I read chapter 4 I feel like I am Nephi. I at times cry out like Nephi...

"19 And when I desire to rejoice, my heart groaneth because of my sins; nevertheless, I know in whom I have trusted."

The problem though is that sometimes I am lacking in the "I know in whom I have trusted" part. When I am feeling so overwhelmed and stressed about life I at times will forget in whom I have trusted. But when I remember I suddenly feel so much more peace and happiness, I suddenly feel calm.

Because honestly if we trust in god then everything will work out- we just need to remember in whom we have trusted.

No comments:

Post a Comment