Thursday, February 2, 2017

Without Arms

This week as I read from the Book of Mormon I was thinking a lot about my relationship with others and how through my reading of the Book of Mormon I can improve them. I came across a scripture in Mosiah chapter 20 that I really liked. Its about this huge misunderstanding about the Lamainites going to attack the people of Limhi because they thought that they kidnapped their daughters (it was actually the priests of Noah). Anyways, they are trying to figure this huge problem out and when King Limhi heard about what was going on he requested that the people involved were brought to him immediately. He soon figures out that it wasn't any of his people at all. What is he supposed to do? His people are under attack. He has so many choices of action. And this is what he chooses... 

 26 And when the Lamanites saw the people of Limhi, that they were without arms, they had compassion on them and were pacified towards them, and returned with their king in peace to their own land.

He decided to go to them WITHOUT ARMS, he had no weapons on him, nothing, at all. And look what happens, the hearts of the Lamanites is softened! They had compassion on them and then returned peacefully to their own land. What a man. 

How many times do we, as humans, go into "talks" or "discussions" (or more like arguments) with a million "weapons" just ready to fire? I have been guilty many times. Usually these weapons manifest in the way we use our words and what we say to the other party. They normally end really bad, and both sides are hurt, sad and nothing is resolved. 

Sooo what if we did as King Limhi did and just went into these situations with out "arms"?? I think that things would end up a lot differently and we would walk away, just like them, PEACEFULLY. and who doesn't want a little more peace in their life? 

Just something to think about I guess. 


No comments:

Post a Comment